Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sponsorship Saturday: Mail Call!!

Two days ago, I had three beautiful letters waiting for me from Compassion International when I got home from school.

I opened Lucy's letter first and read about her favorite hobbies and pets. She told me that she wanted to learn how to sing and also thanked me for the pretty band-aids that I sent in one of my letters. The greatest part of the letter was when she told me that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I will be praying that God will use her even now to reach out to those who are in pain.

Lucy also drew me a colorful soccer ball and a desk. She loves to use different colors which I am happy to see.

Ali's letter was a lot longer than Lucy's as he told me about how he celebrated Christmas. I was a bit sad when I read that he hadn't celebrated his birthday last October. I don't know if that's something that his family has chosen not to do or if they didn't have the money to buy anything special for him. This year, he'll be in for a surprise as I will be sending some gives with the Compassion team traveling to Honduras in October.

Ali also drew a nice blue and yellow house (his two favorite colors) for me. He included a beautiful butterfly which I absolutely love. How many little boys draw butterflies?

I'm not saying that Ali and Lucy's letters were not special or important but Fadi's was my absolute favorite this time. Her letter focused on the climate in Honduras as she told me about her favorite climates and problems that occur during the winter.

She wrote me about her Christmas (she spent the money that I sent as a gift on clothes for her and her little brother) and told me that she was very grateful for having such a good sponsor. I also learned that Fadi's dad is back at home with the family. What an amazing answer to prayers!! I hope and pray that God will work in his life and continue to draw him and his family closer.

Fadi also drew me a picture of a house and some pretty little flowers.

Stapled to the back of the letter was a picture of little Fadi holding the gifts that I had sent last summer with the Compassion Honduras team.


This is the first picture that I have ever received of Fadi (since the one I got when I first began sponsoring her) and I cannot stop looking at her beautiful face. She's absolutely precious! By the way that she is holding the present, I'm sure that she loves what is inside and is making good use of the coloring book, crayons and bracelets. I had also included a little note for her and I really hope that she liked it. 

For this month's letter, I will be focusing on Mother's Day but I may send an extra letter just to let Fadi, Ali and Lucy know that I have read their letters and have answered their questions.

Have you received any special letters from your kiddos? Tell me about them below!!

Check out my last "Sponsorship Saturday" post:

2 comments:

Hannah H. said...

How fun!!! I love the extra photo of Fadi. And praise God about her dad returning!!! I'm glad Ali will get gifts near his birthday this year. What a treat to have an opportunity to send a gift :)

Alicia said...

Absolutely! I was thrilled and felt very blessed!